SE2 develops and markets Alice POS, a new-generation point-of-sale software that drives business into the modern technological era. Alice POS is a cloud-based solution designed for multi-site stores such as franchises, purchasing groups, and corporate networks.
SE2 is a growing business. We are a dynamic, welcoming, and passionate team. We offer an inclusive and open space where lifelong learning and human growth are key. Joining the Alice POS team means living with passion and strength for a common goal: delivering flawless software that meets the needs of customers.
Job Description & Required Skills
Alice POS offers unique and innovative solutions on the retail market. We are looking for a Director, IT and Operations. to join us to support our growth.
Your mandate will be to lead the teams of software engineering, infrastructure, and technical support. You will be responsible for technology strategy, code quality, process improvement, risk mitigation, and platform performance. You will also have to be aware of all the trends and new technologies and you will be involved in client meetings to successfully understand their technological needs and plan accordingly for the different projects.
YOUR MANDATE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Lead, develop, and manage the development, infrastructure, and technical support teams.
- Define and plan software development priorities according to the customers and business needs
- Maintain a complete diagram of the company’s software infrastructure
- Present an action plan and timelines to the board of directors
- Prepare the documentation to obtain R&D subsidies
- Be aware of all new technologies and evaluate their benefits
- Translate our clients’ needs into User Stories
- Define and implement quality standards related to the code, architectural direction, and technical documentation
- Drive quality through automated testing, release governance, and high platform performance
- Maintain high security levels by promoting security awareness in the company’s culture
- Participate in sales pitch and presentation to new clients
- Present issues and risks, as well as their business impact on management in a timely manner with proposed mitigation measures
- Manage suppliers and external partners
You’re the person we’re looking for if
- You have a bachelor’s degree (Business administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related studies)
- You own more than 10+ years of substantial experience in software development and 5+ years of leadership experience in a software/product development
- You have practical experience working in Agile environments
- You are known for your experience with sales presentation and client-facing in client management and product marketing
- You are bilingual (EN/FR)
- You have experience in a startup environment is an advantage
If you think you have what it takes to modernize the retail business with us, send us your resume with a few words explaining why we should consider your application.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org